Thursday, January 2, 2014

LOOKIE LOOKIE!!! (as my grandbaby used to say)

My blogger friend, Karen Walker, who is an amazing long arm quilter, is also a quilt teacher and talented pattern designer. She has been teaching her amazing short cuts for making the Farmers Wife quilt and has put all the directions for her fast, easy methods on Craftsy. She's doing 10 blocks in each lesson. She's shown a photo of my unfinished (yes, I know, unfinished) quilt top on Craftsy! Here's the one I did:
Karen's class will be once a month and includes directions for all 111 blocks and includes putting it all together. Laurie Aaron Hird, the author of the book is so impressed with Karen's innovative methods that she has sanctioned the class! The class includes additional projects that Karen offers using these patterns including table runners, table toppers, twin size quilts. If you've been thinking about making this quilt, now is the perfect time to start. All the info is on Karen's blog HERE and the classes are on Karen's Craftsy shop HERE. The price is right and you can learn all of Karen's ultra-easy and fast techniques. Check it out! At the end of the year, you'll have a finished Farmers Wife quilt!

4 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Your top is gorgeous!! :-)

Beausoleil Quilts said...

Your top is beautiful. So much work! After the snarky remarks, this should tell you that other people love your fabric choices. I love how pretty, bright fresh and feminine your work always is. Can't wait to see your Oklahoma top together.

margaret said...

like the look of your quilt, sounds like a good class to take, must check out the book first as I think I will need that as well

Sharon E said...

Okay, you got me! I'm in. I just ordered my book and printed the first set of instructions. Without the modern piecing instructions, I doubt I can handle it. I'm hopeful and eager.