Saturday, May 25, 2013

Star, Flags and Bunting on a Sunny Saturday!

There's nothing like sunshine to make a day special, unless it's a 4th of July wallhanging! I got a start on the flags and star and will do bunting today.
I'm making this for the front door on the 4th. We'll see how it looks.
I realized when I was pulling fabric for this quilt that I don't have much of just blue fabric. I mean, I have blue fabric (2 and 1/2 shelves of it) but not clear blue. The PKM blue. I've been using aqua for almost 2 years instead of blue.
See--no blues. And this doesn't show the fat quarters in the drawer. Someday I'm going to have a big sale on eBay or something and cull the stash....or not. Funny how really looking at the blues makes me remember the quilts I was going to stitch up with each one of them. Do you think I have a bit of a hoarding issue? Well, I actually consider myself a collector, yeah, that's it...a collector! Have a wonderful day! Cheery wave from Bev

9 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Nice collection!!

gilly said...

That's a great stash! Love the red, white & blue combo too.
Have a happy weekend,
xx

20 North Ora said...

Great collection of fabric. My kind of woman!

Judy

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I'm a collector too. :-) Love your stash! It is really nice to be able to find what you are looking for in your own little stash. Can't wait to see your bunting!~ love the flags!

A Quilter's Mission - Vicki said...

I personally, would rather open a closet and see a collection of fabric than shoes! Those flags are yummy.

Sarah Lizzie said...

No....you're not a fabric hoarder....you are just in the running for "she who has the most fabric wins" competition!! Love the fabric for the bunting...very pretty, witty and bright!!

Sarah Lizzie said...

No....you're not a fabric hoarder....you're just in the "she who has the most fabric wins" competition!! I love the fabric for the bunting, 'tis very pretty, witty and bright!!

Sarah Lizzie said...

No....you're not a fabric hoarder...you're just in the "she who has the most fabric wins" competition!! I love the fabric for the bunting, 'tis very pretty, witty and bright!!

Derrith said...

I love, love, love these patriotic blocks. The colors are SO cheery. I had to clear out my sewing room last week because we got new carpet-Wow, what an undertaking, but I forced myself to cull my stash. I must admit, there was very little I felt I could part with!