Monday, April 1, 2013

Scrappy, Happy Spring and a Winner!

Happy April 1st! Although I have been known to do some fabulous April Fool's pranks, I'm going to behave this year. Today is the first day that Kaaren, from The Painted Quilt, is sharing Row 1 of her FREE Row of the Month quilt, Scrappy, Happy Spring:
 It's really a quilt for everyone because it has applique, embroidery and piecing. I'm going to do it in my bright colors but, as you can see, if you like the colorway she chose, it looks great too. Every month she will post a pdf with instructions and patterns for one row. In September, she will do the finishing info and hopefully, I can get mine quilted in time for Spring, 2014.
Kaaren's patterns are fun and easy, although I haven't ever tackled embroidery. I'm sort of afraid to because I'm afraid that I'll get hooked on it.
It makes a nice size quilt that would be a great gift for anyone with a Spring birthday. You can find Kaaren's blog and the downloadable pdf HERE. Thanks Kaaren!

Now, the winner of our March Giveaway is: Liddy Jo at Liddy's Lullabye. Liddy, I have emailed you for your address. The April Giveaway will start tomorrow! Please check back for that! Have a great day! Cheery wave from Bev

4 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations to the winner.
Kaaren's row quilt looks like fun and will be great in bright colors Bev.

Robin said...

Thanks for the link to the row a month quilt looks like it will be lots of fun and I love embroidery.

I think your bright colors will look great not sure what I will use yet but I'm going to give a try.

Robin in Washington State

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congrat's to the winner! You will love embroidery~ yup another addiction. LOL Have a happy week!

Mary said...

Looks like another fun Freebie from Kaaren. Nice to see her designing again! have fun playing with your colors.