Thursday, December 27, 2012

Story Book Girls - A Painting/Applique/Quilting Project

Good Thursday morning! I've got cable at the moment (yea). Apparently the ice is too much for the cable wires. I don't know why they don't bury them. Last night I worked on the Story Book Girls project. I have 3 of the girls finished (except for blush on their cheeks-they look very pale-lol).
They are Little Miss Muffet (whose spider is a button), Goldilocks and Little Red Riding Hood. They will be joined by Little Bo Peep and Alice in Wonderland.
I got them put together on the pressing sheet last night but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. They are small (about 8" tall) and I was going to put them in the center of a quilt block. But the more I work with them I'm thinking that won't work. The fabric is okay to stitch through but the faces and other things are painted on so they are stiff. I might just look for an antique frame and frame them on fabric and call it good. What do you think? The little faces are Pigma Pen with paint.

Well, still behind on my writing assignments because the cable goes in and out. Just wanted to put my daily projects on the blog. Still trying to work on at least one project or block a day.

Have a great Thursday! Hope you get to sew today! Cheery wave from Bev

1 comment:

Cathy said...

You have inspired me! I ant manage a block a day, but am committing to half an hour a day. So far so good, today is day three! Cute little characters!