Monday, October 15, 2012

What?

Good Monday! Well, here's the only block I completed this weekend. Kind of sad. I had to work at my pesky "real job" all weekend. I did get all of Row 4 of the Lori Holt Row Along quilt cut out but it's not stitched together and I cut out some Farmer's Wife blocks.

This block is from Summer Celebrations quilt by Lori Smith. I'm also working on the Eagle block that, together with this block, makes the first section of the quilt. It's an applique block. Here it is in the colors I WAS going to use...
and then I reverted to my current colors....sigh....

I also went to the doctor and got some disturbing news (not about me...my tests will be back this week). She told me that, if Obama Care stands, she will no longer be a doctor and will not practice medicine. She said that about 60% of the doctors in the big hospital here are also going to quit. What? I've had this doctor for many years. She said that the big hospital she is affiliated with commissioned a study on the health care bill and it contains many things that are going to reduce the quality of care by a huge amount. She said that the panel of non-medical, political appointees will make decisions that should be made by a doctor about their own patient. And there is much more that I won't get into here. I know that blogs aren't supposed to discuss stuff like this but has anyone else talked to their doctor about this? It is very disturbing to think of that many doctors just quitting.

Well, have to get to work. I'm still behind. Hope everyone has a good week! xo Bev

7 comments:

Tina said...

My husband's doctor says that he's not sure if he can continuing his medical practice because Obamacare will cut Medicare reimbursements and he will not be paid for his services. He's not only got a business to support but his family as well. Believe me, this doctor is not wealthy by any means. We're very worried about it too.

sew.darn.quilt said...

I'm sorry to read about your doctor and the impact Obamacare could have on your lives.

Love your block, very cheery:)

Mary said...

Th choice is clear then in November. REPEAL Obama care! I don't care if Blogs are supposed to be Politically correct. We need to voice our opinions. It's our right in the 1st amendment.

Anonymous said...

There's that and a lot more that's very bad...I'm scared about this election..pray!
We need to speak out before it's too late, don't worry about being PC, that helped us get here. Bless you.
Susan
pittsburgh

Cathy said...

Well done on your block! I'm still waiting for the pattern and fabric.... Joys of living in Aus!!

gilly said...

Your block is lovely & cheery! Hoping to find a moment to start Row 4 this week -it looks so fun. Don't know enough about US politics etc to comment on that, but sounds really sad that it's coming to a point where doctors will not be able to give the care they are trained for. Hugs xx

Jill OLeary said...

Hi Bev, Chin up. Everyone is afraid of change. My mom was in the hospital ER every 2 weeks for months because they never fixed her problem. So she felt horribly ill. Under the new law if they keep admitting her they wont' get paid. They have to fix the problem now. That would have changed everything about how my mom feels about herself and her health. So, its not all bad.
I love your new block. I happen to love your color palette. Its so much cheerier than the other. Embrace your bright colors! They are more you than the others.