Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Summer Celebrations by Lori Smith

Good Tuesday to you! I've been looking for an applique project that's fast and fun for a while. I've decided to do the Summer Celebrations quilt by Lori Smith.

It's a patriotic quilt and I've been wanting to do one of those for a while too. I'm going to use more blue than brown I think for more of a red, white and blue look. I love Lori's quilts and they are always fun to do. I also want to use up some of the fabric I have that has just sat on the shelves of my sewing room for the last few years. I've really changed the colors I like to lighter shades but I still love the primitive look. Hope you have a wonderful day. It's my deadline day for writing assignments and so I have to get back to work but I got my pattern in the mail yesterday so wanted to show you! Cheery wave from Bev

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I've always loved this pattern. It's going to be beautiful!

Cathy said...

Ohhhh love it!! I am the same with colours lately...but still love primitives!! Oh Bev I am very tempted to join you in making this...I would love to make a USA patriotic flag....

Bev said...

It would be so much fun to get a group together for this quilt! Thank anyone else would be interested?

StitchinByTheLake said...

This is beautiful but it doesn't look fast! blessings, marlene

Mary said...

Very Tempting, but I have to resist until I finish the two 30's quilts I'm almost finished with before I can start something new. Very Pretty, I can't wait to see your color choices.

Unknown said...

Great looking quilt

Unknown said...

Great looking quilt

20 North Ora said...

How do you get so many quilts done? I cannot imagine doing as many as you do! That is a beautiful pattern.

Judy

Cathy said...

My friend Leanne is in!!! Woo hoo!!