Saturday, October 20, 2012

Row 4 Finished!

I'm rowing along today. I had Row 4 cut out for a while but got it sewn up this morning even though I don't feel good. I think this is an adorable quilt for everyone to do!
This row is all about apples (and apple cores). Lori showed the stems as brown. I don't want any brown in mine.
It's hard to not sew the rows together yet. It makes it really hard to get a photo outside with a gentle breeze. But it's a glorious day today and I thank my Lord that made it!
I was listening to Sabbath class this morning (no I'm not Jewish) and Chuck Missler (who is a scientist) was talking about time. He quoted Einstein as saying something to the effect that time is only a persistent illusion. Do you ever think about things like that and realize how much we don't know about everything. That probably isn't proper grammar but you know what I mean. Space, time, gravity, consciousness...wow.

So I have to work today. Hope everyone has a great Saturday! Cheery wave from Bev

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love your ROWS Bev. I really need to join in NOW.

Jan said...

Bev, I'm like you, I think about all kinds of "stuff", all the time. Never bored, never boring.

Karen M. Walker said...

Love the polkadot background! You are making great progress on this row quilt! Fun....and i bet it will be really fun to machine quilt!!! So many great areas!!! Have yourself a wonderful day Bev! Looks like you are!
~karen

Deborah said...

Yay! You finished the 4th row. Beautiful!

20 North Ora said...

Bev - The quilt top is really coming along. Love those vibrant colors. No, I don't think about things like that - it confuses me!

Judy

Missy Shay said...

I love your colors!

thethimbleroom said...

I really like the fabric you used! The strips are so bright and cheery.

Concerning space, time, gravity and all other mind boggling subjects... - I always think of them in a light vein (as in: '5 actual minutes with MIL = 5 hours in your head'), because my head would explode if I pursued it in a scientific light.

gilly said...

LOVE your sweet apples - the fabrics are just sooo yummy. It's such fun doing this Row Along, isn't it. I didn't want brown in mine either so I opted for a strip of grey (from my Blitzen for Basic Grey, Christmas jellyroll!) for the stems.
I too think about all these sorts of things - my Hubby says I think too much, but I prefer to call it "an enquiring mind" :-) Have a happy Sunday, xx