Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Yard

We've had a lot of rain this year and the flowers that survived last year's drought are beautiful but a little sparse. Maybe I should feed them or something.
We had a bad storm a couple of nights ago and my bird feeders were destroyed by hail. So I'm feeding on the ground but did buy one new feeder. I felt almost guilty because it is the kind of feeder that the squirrels can't feed from easily. It has a little roof and will let the small birds feed without having to fight off the big glutton birds.

Here's a group of potential diners waiting on the roof of the backyard studio for a free meal.
And here's a shot of the temporary ground feeding station with Mr. Bluejay scooping in and grabbing a peanut and flying off with it screeching all the while. There probably aren't enough peanuts in his opinion.
Remember the bird feeder I felt guilty about? The one the squirrel wouldn't be able to feed from? Well, here it is...no, it doesn't have a tail...the eager diner feeding from it has one! Well, that's a little view of my backyard and my backyard critters. It's my little bit of green in the heart of the city.

No comments: