Friday, May 25, 2012

A Word About Quilt Fabric


I made this little quilt before I was associated with 44th Street Fabric shop. I wanted to show you how different fabrics can be. The black fabric used for the border was purchased from the shop and is a high-quality black fabric. The black fabric used in the quilt was a cheap fabric. They looked the same when I made the quilt. This picture was taken when the quilt was about a year old. It has been sold and is actually hanging in a math professor's office at Harvard. My point is though, for beginning quilters, don't do as I did and try to save money on solid fabrics. Buy good ones and you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi Bev!! Aren't squirrels cute? I also feed the chipmunks. The squirrels come within 1-2' to get their peanuts tossed, but the chipmunks jump right into my lap and eat out of my hand! They are fearless little critters! haha

I bought our screen feeder on-line, but I don't remember where as it was several years ago. I just did a Google Shopping Search for "Screen Feeder Tray" and several came up, so you should be able to find one on-line easily, or maybe even at a bird store or large nursery or garden center in your area.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you find a screen feeder!!

Donna