Monday, May 7, 2012

Cornbread...How I Miss You!

 I have the BEST recipe for cornbread. It is melt in your mouth and amazing. But now I'm diabetic so no more cornbread for me. I made some vegetable stew yesterday and I missed my cornbread so much that I almost cried. "Well, make some and just have a bite or two" the sane among you would say. Yeah, righta. Wouldn't happen. This cornbread is that good! So for those of you who aren't diabetic or compulsive eaters, here is the recipe!

               BEST CORNBREAD IN THE WHOLE, WIDE WORLD

1 Box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1 Box Jiffy Yellow Cake Mix

That's it. Make each one in a separate bowl and follow the directions on the box. Then mix the batter and bake at 350 until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (about 25 minutes). If you can't find Jiffy yellow cake mix, use 2 boxes of the Jiffy corn bread mix and 1 box of any other yellow cake mix. I hope you love it!

No comments: