Monday, January 9, 2012

Trying to Decide About Dear Jane



I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions for a few weeks now. I almost never follow through on them even though I have great intentions. Like many of you, I'm just SO busy. I've had the book shown above, Dear Jane, for almost a year. I look at it often and dream about how wonderful it would be to complete a quilt with 225 unique blocks. That means thousands of pieces! Each of the blocks is 5" x 5". I was thinking that if I made 10 blocks a month, it would take over 2 years to just piece the quilt. But, look at it! It's a real masterpiece. The original quilt was made by Jane A. Stickle during the Civil War. The block patterns were replicated by Brenda Mangos Papadakis. Is anyone else out there starting one of these in 2012? Please let me know if you are! The one bit of information I cannot find is how much background fabric it requires. I would hate to start it and then run out and have something that doesn't quite match. The book does have a recommended fabric however I don't want to buy more when I already have a ton of fabric here.

So make one or not? Sigh...I'll probably try it.

No comments: