Sunday, August 1, 2010

MAKING PILLOW COVERS FOR THE SHOP





I'm stealing time from my "real job" today to make some pillow covers for the shop. Gina and I use the fluffy feather inserts so that Gina can bend them to her will. This is an 18" x 18" one I made from French General's Rural Jardin line and just love using that fabric because it all goes together so well. Just thought I'd share-Gina has the inserts so I'll try to get a pic of the finished pillows in the shop. I've been using clothesline from the Dollar Store for the piping because a giant package of it is $1.99 for the whole thing! Gina covered a settee (I was so impressed) with some of the gray and white stripe twill from this line and the pillows are to go on that. You can see some of the French General fabrics in the 44th Street Fabric Etsy shop--what's left anyway. Their new line is coming out in the fall. It's reds and rich browns!

2 comments:

Jamie Moore said...

Great article thanks for sharing. I posted a link to a great bead Ebook that I really enjoy reading.

Elsina said...

i love your pillowcover! Hope I will learn to use piping like that and making buttonholes. Gorgeous!