Sunday, February 21, 2010

BOLT END WEEKEND


I was cleaning up the cutting area this weekend and putting together bolt end bundles to sell in the shop and I happened to see my pattern for the "applique a circle onto a square and cut it into 4 pieces" quilt. It's so quick and easy to do, especially if you have a circle ruler. Almost all of this fabric is in the shop at the moment. I haven't sewn any blocks together but laid out 4 blocks for you to see. Just cut a square 8" and 2 circles 6". Sew the circles together right sides facing then make a cut in one and turn them. Applique onto the square (I use invisible thread) and then cut the block into 4 pieces. Trim the excess and there you go. Easy-peasy. This makes a really cute baby quilt, lap quilt or if you have a big enough stash (which I do) and time (which I do not), bed quilt. It was a nice little diversion. Still haven't done the bolt end bundles but they are coming! Cheery wave!

No comments: