Monday, September 28, 2009

CHIC BEBE FLANNEL FABRIC - SOFT AND SWEET!



Chic BeBe flannel is in the 44th Street Fabric shop! This blue and chocolate brown and pink and chocolate brown flannel fabric is a refreshing change from the flannel usually used for baby's blankets and clothes. Pictured is one of the receiving blankets I made for Dylan, my new grandbaby.

I've made these blankets for my daughter Gina and she loved them. All her friends asked me to make them for their babies. These are great made in a large size (44" x 44") because they are big enough to lay in the baby carrier and wrap the baby when you go out and they are a nice cover for nursing moms. The flannel isn't too hot.

Making these little blankets is easy-peasy! Just put two 1.25 yard cuts of flannel right sides together and sew 1/2" around the edge, leaving an opening for turning. Then use any decorative stitch on the machine and go around the edges. I rounded the corners of my blanket (using a butter plate for a template) because I like the way it looks. One side of the blanket is polka dot and the other is damask. They are really cute and the more you wash them, the softer they get. Another advantage of their large size is that they can be used through the toddler years. Make some today and have the coolest baby shower gifts ever!

No comments: