Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DARLA FABRIC BABY QUILT WITH BORDERS ADDED


This weekend I added the Darla fabric borders to the quick little baby quilt I'm making for my next grand-baby. I was going to use the Darla red dot fabric for the backing but now I just don't know. There is so much white border and so much of the Darla light green fabric in the quilt that it might just be too dark for the backing. I'm kind of leaning towards the Darla red and white picnic damask. If I use that fabric for the backing, should I use red or white thread.......decisions, decisions. At any rate, this has been a fast and easy quilt to make and my only problem is having time to work on it. I think I'll scallop the edges....

Thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions for the borders! Let me know what you think about the backing.

No comments: