Saturday, January 17, 2009

THE PRACTICAL BAG PATTERN BY TANYA WHELEN




The shop has listed some of Tanya Whelan's patterns and I actually made a bag from her Practical Bag Pattern today! I made it from Feathered Friends fabric (which we also sell of course) by Wendy Slotboom for In the Beginning Fabrics. I was really happy with how the bag turned out! I used the big red bird fabric for the outside, the floral for the inside and the blue stems and leaves for the handle. It took me about 2 hours total to cut it out and stitch it up. It's a perfect size for a day at the beach, a day out with baby or an eco friendly trip to the market. I'm going to use mine to take packages to the Post Office. It's a great pattern to use your favorite big print fabric! Just click on any of the pictures to buy your own!

No comments: